I made the mistake of thinking that college was the end of it all. I'm so worried about where I'm going. I feel like it will determine who I am for the rest of my life. What if I make
a terrible decision? What if where I think I want to go is the wrong decision? But then again.. I have no idea where I want to go. The small private schools are appealing in their own way. The large UC's are really appealing too. So what should I think? People have been asking me where I want to go to college ever since I've entered high school, but my thinking really hasn't changed at all. So of course I'm leaning towards the big UC's because that's what everyone else is doing, but what do I really want? I don't know. I really don't. And my grades are dropping. This is the most important year. I wish freshman year counted. That was a great year. Everything was easier. Actually.. not everything, but that's a different story."It's not the end of the journey; it is only the beginning."
And that is completely right.
Deep down most people are good. I think that was hard for me to understand at first. Things aren't as simple as black and white. But still. There are those rare bad seeds. Using people. Throwing them around like sacks of potatoes. Not even potatoes. They treat them worse than that.
I need to stop judging. Maybe not completely, but I need to change.
Honesty is the answer. Without it, who are you? You're someone else. You're something else.
Take a step back. Who are you now?
0 comments